Thursday, July 5, 2007

Stop Asking God to Bless What You're Doing

Bono was asked to address the annual White House Prayer Breakfast in February 2006. It was a good speech, but the thing that stood out the most was this quote:

"Stop asking God to bless what you’re doing. Get involved in what God is doing -- because it’s already blessed."

This was something that a friend told him after Bono said he was continually praying that God would bless what he was doing.

I guess if God wants to use you for something, but you'd rather be asking for blessings elsewhere, he'll just choose someone else. How many times have I missed a chance God has for me because I wanted blessings for something I wanted to do?

It's kind of bold to say I think Oxygen is part of something bigger that God is blessing. Some call it the Emerging Church, but I'm not tagging it with more Christian jargon. However, it is part of the drive to deliver Jesus in a relevant and life-changing way to an emerging generation.

But, if it's not blessed, we'll find out soon enough!

No comments: