Thursday, June 14, 2007

Seatoun Sunrise

I spent two hours this morning trying to film a sunrise over Seatoun. It was dark, gloomy and cold, and due to the low cloud and fog, the sun needed to lift much higher than the hills. Still, patience was rewarded with some good footage.

It will be used to back a short film about how God speaks to us. I interviewed several Miramar Baptist Church members last weekend and will have their audio over the sunrise.

"How does God speak to you," is a question I have never heard in Church before. I've never had anyone explain it to me and I haven't heard other Christians talking about it. It seems to be some kind of taboo subject. Over time, I am learning how He speaks to me. The answers from others on the film are not surprising: pictures, creation, voices, feelings, 'just knowing' and of course the Bible.

Despite the range of ways God speaks to us, I still believe the Bible is the key medium He uses, or wants to use to speak to each person that knows Him.

Why is it then that only 21% of New Zealand Christians read it daily?

1 comment:

Ben said...

Man, that was so early. Thanks for the commitment- it'll definitely pay off. I'm looking forward to Oxygen 2 already...